Many studies show that random testing is effective in reducing accidents, ill health, absenteeism, litigation etc. Random drug testing is administered to protect employees,
as well as the general public to ensure consumers are confident that employees are working coherently.
To operate a random drug and alcohol screening process, employers need to consider that the following is in place:
• A written drugs and alcohol testing policy that requires all employees to be drug and alcohol free.
• Written notice of random testing is given before the date samples are taken.
• The written notice details the type of drug testing that will be carried out.
• Employee contracts include the right to administer random drug and alcohol screening.
• The applicant must consent to having a sample taken for drug and alcohol testing purposes.
• The same testing program should be implemented for all employees or there could be implications of discrimination.
How can we help?
For random drug and alcohol screening, we recommend the following test:
1. Instant urine screen with laboratory confirmation
2. Urine laboratory screen and confirmation
1. The instant urine screen with laboratory confirmation is a test that is screened on or off site with immediate screening results. There is an option for non-negative results
to proceed to a laboratory confirmation phase of testing where the substance and it's cut-off level is identified. An on-site report is given for all negative screens whilst a
report is produced for any laboratory confirmations processed. Negative screens are obtained immediately after sample collection. Non-negative confirmations are
produced up to 5 days after sample collection depending on the analysis required.
2. The urine laboratory screen and confirmation is a highly accurate test when a donors sample is screened in our accredited laboratory. A report is produced for all
negative screens between 24 and 48 hours after sample collection. Non-negative results proceed to a laboratory confirmation phase of testing where the substance and it's
cut-off level is identified. Non-negative confirmation reports are produced up to 5 days after sample collection depending on the analysis required.